Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Term: Full-Time, Fixed Term (to March 2024 with possibility of extension)
Salary Range: $77,500-$87,500
Closing Date: Open until filled
Location: Gatineau, QC
Description of Role:
Reporting to the CFO the Senior Project Accountant’s main responsibility will be managing the accounting for the revenues and expenses in NWAC’s Apprenticeship Program. The SPA will work directly with the Project’s Controller and Director to oversee all financial aspects of the project from budget preparation, to signing off on project expenses, to management and statutory reporting, to final financial report.
In addition the SPA will make recommendations regarding the management of the finances of the project and provide timely financial analysis to Senior Management.
- Support project staff managing the deliverables by advising them of NWAC project budget standards and costing out project activities and work plans;
- Ensure that all eligible overhead recovery for the project is properly identified and charged to the project within the Funder’s guidelines and requirements;
- Develop and provide CFO with monthly reports for the different aspects of the project;
- When new project activities are identified ensure proper costing and reporting systems are put in place;
- Responsible for NWAC adherence to conditions in Project Contribution Agreement, including eligible expenses, overhead recovery, reporting requirements, etc.
- Input the chart of accounts and budget to SAGE 300 for initial project budget and all changes required during the life of the project;
- Provide the Manager Corporate Accounting with details for project staff payroll and benefits allocations;
- Ensure all project expenditures are approved by Project Director and that there are sufficient funds available in the budget;
- Track Funder advance payments to NWAC and ensure they are received in a timely manner and inform Manager Corporate Accounting of amounts and timing of deposits to NWAC bank;
- Provide CFO with all financial reports for the Funder prior to submitting in a timely manner to ensure reporting requirements in the Contribution Agreement are met;
- On a monthly basis record all direct and indirect revenue for the project;
- Provide financial reports and forecasts to the Project Director and Controller as requested;
- Provide financial forecasts to CFO and Manager Corporate Accounting as required;
- Provide input to NWAC’s annual budget from the project;
- Notify CFO of an issues with the project that could have a detrimental affect on the project or NWAC;
- Develop key performance indicators for project and report on them each month;
- Prepare adhoc reports for project, payroll, HR,
- Provide support to Manager Corporate Accounting or CFO as
Education, Experience and other requirements:
- Bachelor of Commerce or equivalent;
- Professional Accounting designation;
- Three years in a financial analyst role or equivalent;
- Strong understanding of and demonstrated commitment to the principles, values and mandate of the Native Women’s Association of Canada;
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal Peoples in Canada, their cultures, histories, and traditions;
- Ability to celebrate and manage cultural diversity;
- Expert knowledge of GAAP and other financial regulations;
- Ability to analyze financial information and make sound recommendations to the managers of the projects;
- Strong team player able to work with many different project teams;
- Able to manager deliverables from a number of projects and meet all deadlines;
- Proficient at Excel
- Experience with Sage 300 preferred
Fluency in English is essential. Bilingualism is a strong asset.
- Time management and punctuality;
- Respect and understanding of Indigenous women’s issues in Canada;
- Dependable and understands the importance of meeting deadlines;
- Honest, sincere, considerate and truthful;
- Understands the importance of quality work;
- Approachable, articulate and determined;
- Resilient, proactive and positive;
- Coachable and
Preference will be given to First Nations, Metis, Inuit and women and gender diverse people of Indigenous ancestry, please self-identify.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodations will be provided at all stages of the hiring process. We ask applicants to make their needs known in advance.
Please submit resume and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org