Reports to: Director of Business Development and Social Innovation
Closing Date: Open until filled
Language: Fluently Bilingual (French & English)
The Native Women's Association of Canada (NWAC) is seeking an experienced Retail Store Manager who will grow an online store and open a new boutique/gift store at our new location at Promenade du Portage in Gatineau. This business is part of a social innovation project and capacity building project to foster economic development of Indigenous Women in Canada and abroad through the sale of art, crafts and gift items from across Canada and the world. The Retail Store Manager is responsible for growing a new online store and opening a new physical retail boutique, from the ground up, including the daily operations and profitability of the business according to set goals and objectives. Daily operations include staff management, customer satisfaction, product presentation, inventory management, marketing, carrying out seasonal changes and promotional activities and assisting in procurement.
The Store Manager will be responsible to:
- Set-up and opening a brand-new retail boutique from the ground up.
- Develop online store model
- Greet and assist customers in a manner that models exemplary conduct to other staff.
- Maintain adequate stock through efficient inventory management and inventory sourcing.
- Take inventory as scheduled and provide inventory reports.
- Increase sales, expand markets, and promote business to meet given goals within provided guidelines.
- Ensure an adequate process is in place for checking deliveries and packaging slips.
- Verify invoices against packaging slips and track all expenditures.
- Make sure that merchandise is always presented neatly and that items are priced correctly.
- Manage the pricing in a product's life cycle by taking seasonal changes into account.
- Authorize all customer refunds.
- Assist in the procurement process and help to make sound business decisions.
- Provide management with required sales, staff and other assigned productivity reports.
- Balance sales and record receipts as well as track revenue daily.
- Make bank deposits and help to reconcile bank statements.
- Record visa and debit accounts.
- Supervise all staff retail staff and coordinate work to ensure productive operations at all hours.
- Make sure all customer complaints are addressed and handled professionally, leaving the customer with a positive resolution.
- Ensure that all health, safety and security regulations are adhered to and required standards are met.
Studies and Experience Requirement
- Must be fluently bilingual (French & English) – Mandatory requirement.
- Completion of high school and College/CEGEP/vocational or technical training.
- Must have extensive experience in the retail business.
- Minimum of 10 years work experience in the retail industry.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a supervisory role in a retail environment.
- Proven excellent customer service skills.
- Management experience preferred.
- Excellent time management and prioritizing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to train and motivate staff.
- Skills to monitor and assess staff performance.
- Basic office administration skills.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite Highly effective teamwork skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- Politically and culturally sensitive.
- Able to plan and organize work effectively and ensure its completion.
- Well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Ability to learn and adapt to sales software quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to implement PR and advertising campaigns.
- Professional, responsive, and positive work attitude is essential.
- Meticulous records maintenance skills.
- Customer Focus
- Energy & Stress
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Time Management
- Adaptability/ Flexibility
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Decision Making and Judgement
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Result Focus
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Mediating and Negotiating
- Providing Consultation
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Staff Management
- Enforcing Laws, Rules and Regulations
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Development and Continual Learning
Preference will be given to women and gender diverse people of Indigenous ancestry (First Nations, Metis, Inuit), please self-identify.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodations will be provided at all stages of the hiring process. We ask applicants to make their needs known in advance.
Please submit resume and covering letter to: email@example.com