Salary Range: $62,500.00
Term: Permanent, Full-Time
Closing Date: Open until filled
Description of Role:
Reporting to the CFO the position will be responsible for administering the procurement and accounts payable software, Norming. The position will work closely with the Finance team in ensuring budgetary controls are working, purchases.
The position will also be responsible for working with NWAC staff to train them on using the payables / procurement software.
This exciting opportunity aims to make a difference in the lives of Indigenous women in Canada and around the world.
- Plan, coordinates, and manage all the aspects of web-based Norming Resource Manager portal including update and maintain vendor master records, item and service catalogs, GL codes, project codes, monitor and resolves norming issues, manage approval chains/workflows, manage addition/updates to user functionality, and support upgrades including user acceptance testing.
- Source goods, materials, and services in line with specified cost, quality, and delivery targets using Sage 300 accounting software.
- Track and communicate details pertaining to shipping, delivery, delays, order status and troubleshoot shipments as necessary to address international transit matters including import customs clearance.
- Enters document data (e.g. order entry, quotes, etc.) in norming resource manager web portal and reviews purchase orders ensuring accuracy.
- Work collaboratively with CEO’s team, project and inventory controller, project management staff to enter purchase orders, AP requisitions invoices, credit card transactions through Amazon and Alibaba account and ensures order meets requirements and follows up on actions as required.
- Manage and resolve issues regarding PO to invoice discrepancies, returns and quality issues with suppliers and internal departments.
- Monitor the status of open purchase orders to ensure on-time delivery of materials, including timely resolution, communication, and mitigation of potential issues.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and vendors.
- Assist General Manager for credit applications, negotiating and managing operational and building facility contracts.
- Monitor progress billings and create PO receipts / AP requisitions in norming for subcontractors’ payments within contract terms.
- Ability to work in a productivity-driven environment with a high volume of workflow; ability to meet daily goals of sourcing materials and inventory from cross borders including China, India, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, and other countries.
- To work with Project Controller and CFO to code invoices to allocate to appropriate budgets for processing by Accounts Payable.
- Perform cyclical counts and coordinate orders with Warehouse Manager to ensure inventory accuracy in online and retail store and stock rooms.
- Flexible with participation of process improvements, changing process documentation as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University Degree in a relevant discipline such as Commerce or Finance
- 3+ years of experience in accounts payable, purchasing and inventory management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Application. MS Excel is used everyday in this role
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Proven ability to think independently and handle multiple projects to completion
- Able to handle high pressure, high volume, time sensitive work flow
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Desire to learn and positive attitude. Must be a team player
- Ability to apply sound judgment and make decisions within the area, often on short notice;
- Ability to be meticulous and attentive to detail;
- Some knowledge and understanding of Indigenous Peoples in Canada and internationally, their cultures, histories and traditions;
- Knowledge of Sage 300 and Norming is a strong asset;
- Bilingualism is an asset
NWAC strives to be an employer that properly resources and supports all employees. To that end NWAC, endeavors to provide a clean, safe and secure workplace with various support mechanisms and operational flexibility. The following list describes assumptions about working conditions:
- There may be some travel throughout Canada;
- Lifting, carrying and managing equipment and supplies may be required;
- Setup of displays, video and audio systems may be required;
- Management will likely work odd or long hours on occasion;
- Overtime may be required at times; (these hours must be pre-approved by the Director)
- Employees are expected to multi-task with possible interruptions from colleagues, management or other persons.
Preference will be given to First Nations, Metis, Inuit and women and gender diverse of Indigenous ancestry, please self-identify.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodations will be provided at all stages of the hiring process. We ask applicants to make their needs known in advance.
Please submit resume and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org